What To Expect From The Apple Watch Series 6
The recently released Apple Watch Series 6 has taken the world by storm following its release on September 18th, 2020. In fact, it went out of stock in many stores within the first few hours, but thankfully, plenty more have now become available.
There’s been something of a revolution in watch wearing over the past few years.
Watches had become somewhat irrelevant to many in the younger generations because they all carry phones, so why would they need a watch to tell the time?
Smartwatches have gone a long way in changing this trajectory. They’re now so much more than just a regular watch, and the Apple Watch Series 6 is right at the forefront of that.
Each watch in the series has seen noteworthy improvements, but upon a quick test run, it’s immediately clear that this watch has taken a great leap in scope and overall quality.
Read on as we assess the features of the latest Apple watch product.
Of course, what makes any watch in the Apple series stand out, are the technical qualities and abilities that come with it, and there are a few awesome ones to enjoy.
- Reply to texts from your wrist. This can save a lot of time, and can especially be useful when in crowded areas or on a busy commute.
- Measure the level of oxygen in your blood with a brand new app and sensor inclusion. Not only is this extremely interesting to keep an eye on, but in some cases, it could literally be life-saving.
- Similarly, your heart rhythm will undergo constant checks, and you’ll be alerted if something is out of the ordinary.
- The retina display will naturally adjust to being 2.5x as bright outdoors when you put your wrist down.
- Syncing - Sync audiobooks, music, and videos directly to your watch to make your transit that much more enjoyable.
- Perhaps the most important technical quality of all is the speed, as it’s pointless to have a bunch of cool gadgets if they freeze and get stuck loading. Well, the 5 series was widely acclaimed for its processing speed, and this model is up to 20% faster. Quite incredible.
For Fitness Purposes
As previously mentioned, the heart and oxygen monitors are useful in general, not just for those specifically exercising. But, many smartwatch enthusiasts use them primarily to track their daily fitness regimen.
This is easy on the iPhone Fitness app. You can quickly access everything you could possibly want, from calories burned, steps taken, hours exercised, preferred exercise routine, and routes taken to the muscle groups you tend to avoid working on.
What’s more, you can set goals for sleep, exercise types, and simply the steps taken. Receiving the occasional alert can be a great motivating factor to keep pushing boundaries and improving health.
If you’re someone who wants to exercise but struggles for motivation, then this could be a great product for you.
It’s like a personal fitness coach on your wrist whenever you need it.
How Does It Look?
For all its high tech features, a smartwatch remains a fashion accessory to some extent. After all, we all want to look good and feel confident.
As shown above, the Apple Watch Series 6 has a quite futuristic style about it. It’s simple and understated yet also elegant and fresh looking. It’d look just as appropriate in jeans and a T-shirt as it would in a summer dress, or a work suit.
It comes in blue aluminium, deep navy, black, white, or red, with various strap sizes to fit the user.
What’s more, it’s swim-proof, so you can enjoy the style 24/7, even when in the bath, or when trudging through the mud and rain on your way home.
The Apple Watch Series 6 is everything the world has come to expect from Apple products since the release of the first iPod. It’s innovative, creative, useful, and aesthetically pleasing.
It’s hard to look beyond the immense technical capabilities of such a small and lightweight product.
The watch has the ability to positively transform so many aspects of our daily lives, that it’s difficult to find a flaw within the product.
There are certainly cheaper smartwatches and there are most definitely ones with greater capabilities out there, but for overall value for money, it’d be a difficult task to find a better product than the Apple Watch Series 6.
Whether for yourself or a loved one, this watch will make a brilliant purchase.